How to Enroll in BMPs:
1. Schedule a meeting with a Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) Best Management Practices (BMP) coordinator, who will provide a free an FDACS BMP manual and other BMP-related information.
2. Participate with the coordinator in a free assessment of your operation to determine which BMPs apply to you.
3. Fill out a BMP checklist and sign the Notice of Intent (NOI) to implement the BMPs.
4. Keep a copy of the checklist and signed NOI in your records.
5. Implement and maintain the applicable BMPs and keep adequate records to maintain a presumption of compliance with state water-quality standards.
To begin the enrollment process, email AgBMPHelp@FreshFromFlorida.com. For information on FDACS cost-share programs, visit the FDACS website.
Additional BMP Cost-Share Programs:
FDACS works with multiple partners, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), Florida's Water Management Districts, and Florida's Soil and Water Conservation Districts, to provide funds that assist farmers in implementing Best Management Practices (BMPs). Click on your Water Management District below to learn more.